Wednesday, March 27, 2013

rainbow plus quilt, take 2


Here's my second go at the scrappy rainbow plus quilt -- the first one is shown in this post. In the first one I made each plus out of 5 different fabrics in a single color. In this quilt I made each plus from a single fabric. This time I used a light gray for the background solid and a very dark navy (it looks black here) for the binding.




















Here they are side by side. I do think that the single-fabric pluses are much bolder, particularly when you see them in person. 



I particularly like the way the gray crinkled up so nicely when I washed it. I also figured out to position the point at which the lines of quilting crossed a seam-allowance-worth away from the edge so the point would line up with the edge of the binding, rather that being covered up by it. You know what I mean, right? 

Here's the back, with a giant scrappy rainbow plus and yet more of that bolt of black/white calico. Still some left though.

I would like to point out how I even got the quilting lines (almost) lined up with the squares on the back. Pretty darn close -- we'll call that a win, right? 

Ok, I think I'll consider this quilt accomplished and move on. Even though I still have a lot of 3.5 inch squares left...

No comments:

Post a Comment