Wednesday, May 1, 2013

rainbow sherbet quilt

Here's the second of the graduation present quilts -- I looked into the freezer case at Baskin-Robbins the other night and spotted Kelcey's quilt in the Rainbow Sherbet!

I copied the bricks pattern from Diary of a Quilter -- thank you, Amy! This was really the polar opposite of the previous quilt with the 5 X 5 and 5 X 10 blocks and I loved how it came together. Frances picked out the fabrics, first the hot pink and orange polka dots and then the solids to go with them. I don't think it took 2 hours to cut, arrange, and piece the top. Love!

We picked out this bright pink for the back and I pieced a strip of the polka dot leftovers to make up the difference. I am really liking this plain diagonal quilting -- I think it works well with the squares and rectangles, and I can pull it off with just my walking foot on my plain old sewing machine!

We found this cute print with both the pink and orange in it for the binding -- I think we picked out the off-white for the top before we found the binding fabric. For next time: don't forget to match the whites!

Here are both of the graduation quilts! Cute. I can't wait to give them to the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment