Sunday, November 25, 2012

flower tote for Diwali



My friend and yoga teacher Dolly invited me to her annual Diwali party. I had a great time eating and dancing, and I was so grateful to another friend Candice for her help getting ready. Candice's inlaws are from India, so she was able to fill me in on what the party would be like and she generously loaned me this pretty outfit--with coordinating jewelry too, no less!


She also told me where in Artesia to go for the best Diwali sweets to bring along for the hosts.


To thank her I made up this flowered tote. I like the weight of the home dec fabrics for a bag, but they tend to pull and shift out of square while you are working with them. Arrgh!


Here's a peek inside. More lining fabric from my grandmother's stash. Thank you, Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment