Monday, January 21, 2013

gathered wristlet bags

Another great tutorial from Anna at Noodlehead! This bag has been on my list of things to try for a long time. I added the clip-on wrist strap. I thought it could either work as a clutch to carry along a phone and some keys, or as a little accessory bag in a purse or backpack.


I made a bunch of them for Hanukkah and Christmas presents this year. I even used some stashed fabric. So virtuous. I invented a smaller version when all I had was a smaller zipper. So resourceful, too.


In some of them I added the divider--I had to fiddle around with it to get the divider short enough to lay flat. I eventually gave up on the divider, but Frances wanted them in the bags I made for her.


This will be a good project to have in my back pocket for those surprising gift-giving occasions! Though that zipper stash has gotten pretty picked over. It may be time to try one of those etsy zipper sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment