Friday, March 28, 2014

disappearing 9-patch in hawaiian


One night I just got an itch to use some more of the Hawaiian fabric I brought back from our 2 summer trips. I had tried this Disappearing 9-Patch pattern before and I wanted to try it again. I have a plan for yet another go-round with this pattern, but I digress.

I started with the multi-color postcard-style print and then added the brown floral and the brown and green solids. This pattern goes together really quickly. I really fell in love with the back. I had picked up this oxford stripe as a potential quilt back, and something about the combination of colors just meshed with the colors in the top. And because it's cotton oxford cloth, I know it will get softer and softer with every wash.

For quilting, I alternated single and double diagonals -- super simple. I adore this teal binding. I pulled it out of the postcard print and I love how it coordinates with the oxford-cloth back as well. This one is going to the etsy stockroom. Next project: get the etsy shop open!

No comments:

Post a Comment