Thursday, September 20, 2012

good day at the Goodwill


I ran by the Goodwill while I was out today and got some great deals. In addition to all this, I also got a pillow (too absolutely ugly to photograph) to use the form inside for a pillow cover we brought back from Hawaii.

Sarah Vowell and Geraldine Brooks hardcovers: not dirt cheap but worth it! Rubbermaid 1 quart bottle for .99--score!









Now for the real treasures:



How about this beautiful Indian skirt--that's gold embroidery and sequins on there. The Indian lady I met there was curious about what I was going to do with it. I don't know ... pillow covers? $5.49













Black velvet polka dot tablecloth. This will be a great addition to the Halloween Party kit. $2.99














Cole Porter on vinyl with this great cover! That's going in a frame for sure. Now I have to YouTube "A Little Rumba Numba!" $1.99









And to top it all off, how awesome is this cotton canvas from Ikea?! Two giant curtain panels--5.5 yards of 100% cotton! What will I use it for? Who can tell? Something very cool indeed. $9.99





I got the entire haul for $34.42. Not bad! I promised myself I would stay out of the clothing and just look at the housewares. Next time clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment