Wednesday, July 24, 2013

w.i.p. wednesday

I always enjoy getting to see other crafters' WIPs (Works in Progress). It's inspiring to see their beautiful finished projects, but I like being able to peek in at the process before the product. Here is some of my process!

Here are some purple and lavender ripples on the way to becoming another gingham baby quilt. The top is pieced now and it's awaiting quilting.

This mess is on the way to becoming a red and aqua lap quilt. I have been hoarding collecting reds and aquas for a while now and I'm excited to try this new pattern.

Meet the square ruler and rotary cutter, my new best friends. I have discovered the secret to making perfect HSTs (half-square triangles) -- make really sloppy, messy, imprecise HSTs and cut them down to perfect. It seems like it's going to be tedious and boring, but it actually turns out to be quite satisfying.

I have been slipping away from other things I should be doing to work on this. It's coming along pretty quickly. Good luck with your WIPs until I see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment