Saturday, September 8, 2012

... and some little things, too

While helping out with some Big Things at the campaign office, I thought it would be fun to have some appropriate team apparel.






In 2008 I made this appliqué t-shirt and it's getting some more use this election season.











Last year I got this shirt but it never fit. (Why if you can wear a Youth XL is a Men's S too small? I have since learned to only buy Ladies' cut t's.) So I decided to try one of the t-shirt refashions I have seen on my favorite blogs. I cut up the middle of the sides and up the sleeve seams and inserted this print panel.








I also cut off the neckband and attempted this hemmed-and-raw edge -- hopefully you can see it in this photo. I'll give it a spin at the office on Tuesday!










P.S.  I also thought it would be fun to have some high school spirit wear to wear to watch Frances cheer at the high school football games (and no way was I going for the rhinestone "Cheer Mom"). So I whipped up this appliqué number. I've worn it a couple of times, but no one seems to have noticed  -- hopefully that's because it's so professional looking (and not because they're afraid to mention it).

No comments:

Post a Comment