Wednesday, September 26, 2012

goat girl skirt


Today I made a skirt. But wait, I've made lots of skirts. Today I made a skirt from scratch. Like I started with measurements, made a pattern and then made a skirt.

I started with a post on Crafterhours--one of my favorite sewing blogs. I loved their picture of the Milkmaid Skirt, but their pattern just didn't work out for me. So I ripped apart my first attempt and remade it from their picture. (And totally copying their pocket directions--thanks!)










That Frankenstein creation became the pattern for this cute green plaid number. In honor of the Milkmaid, Frances thought I should call it the Goat Girl Skirt.












Here's a detail. Check out the little ktw embroidered tag! Still working on some professional woven tags. Coming soon!

















Won't it be cute with a pale pink cardy? I thrifted this gem (Ann Taylor) last summer--now I'm just waiting for a day under 90 to wear it.
















While I was working, Chloe was enjoying a new fire hose toy. She enjoyed it very efficiently, because it only took her about 20 minutes to remove the stretchy handle and elastic. We'll see how long the rest of it lasts. Chloe the Destroyer.










No comments:

Post a Comment