Sunday, February 17, 2013

a break from dance dresses

I was supposed to be working on this.

But instead I decided to make this. I scooped up a bunch of blouse patterns the last time Joann's had a 99-cent pattern sale and yesterday I found a remnant of this silky animal print.

This is Simplicity 1915 and I think it turned out pretty well. It was quite a lot of gathering--good thing I don't mind that. The serger sure made hemming that ruffle easier, and the inside looks beautiful! (I have been borrowing a serger from a friend. Whoever told me that once I used one I'd never go without again was dead right.)

I think this will be cute with a black or maybe a pale blue cardigan (the background is actually a light bluish/gray--hard to see) and some dark jeans or the black pencil skirt I scored at Target for $6.44!

Ok, back to the dance dresses... (Right after I cut the string hanging from that sleeve!)

No comments:

Post a Comment