Thursday, September 19, 2013

rayon aloha shirt for bill


Here's the next product from the Kauai '13 stash -- a silky rayon aloha shirt for Bill. The pattern is my favorite old Simplicity 5581 spread-collar shirt seen previously here and here. I got this fabric at Kapaia Stitchery and it was so soft and flowy I wished I had brought back some more.

Well it didn't take long working with it to take back every nice thing I had said about it before. It was stretchy, slippery, wouldn't press for *@#$. I didn't wish for even another quarter yard of rayon, and regretted the length I had bought. 

That having been said, I did manage to coerce it into a pretty nice shirt. I adjusted the collar where the pieces just WOULD NOT fit, and finally got all the seams pressed and the allowances serged.



Matchy-matchy on the pocket and a label at the bottom.

I'm hoping that if I get this one out of the dryer and right onto a hanger, I'll never need to iron it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment