Saturday, October 5, 2013

red and aqua life-savers

Here's a new quilt now hanging over the back of our couch. I previewed it in this W.I.P. post and now it's finished! It came together really quickly--just squares and half-square triangles.

I admired a design I saw on Red Pepper Quilts and I thought it would be perfect for the reds and aquas I've been hoarding collecting. Since I'm kind of late to the red/aqua party, not only did I have some nice prints in each of the colors, but I also found some where the fabric designer had put them together for me. That floral on the left is my favorite in the whole quilt.

I picked a couple of prints from the top for the back. I waffled about whether to use a blue or a red print for the binding, but in the end I liked all the prints so much, I decided to make a scrappy binding.

I stitched in the ditch around the blocks and then quilted the diagonals through the life-savers. I am so happy about how this one turned out!

The back of our couch is getting pretty crowded -- good thing I have some gifts and commissions coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment