Thursday, July 18, 2013

gingham style


I have been so excited to try to create this look. I've seen some quilts like this online and gingham seems to be everywhere right now.


I envisioned cutting out 3.5 inch squares and piecing sections of the quilt, but then I realized I could piece vertical strips, slice horizontally and then sew the checkered strips together and Bob's your uncle -- gingham. It's baby size at 36 x 48.



Backed once again with my fave Ikea nummern and bound with a vintage floral I found already cut into strips in my Nana's stash. I bound this last night while sitting and visiting with my quilting group Material Girls -- a lovely group of ladies who have been together for many years and invited me to join this spring. Such fun to hang with other quilters!


More Etsy stock! Question: wash/dry for crinkliness or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment