Friday, July 12, 2013

nerd alert: pattern organization

After one too many times going through ALL of my patterns (it turns out I have about 100) looking for that ONE that I want (see this post) I decided to implement this pattern organization system I found in a sewing book. Can't remember which one, sorry. The basic idea is to create your own pattern catalog like the ones in the fabric store. The pattern envelopes go in a notebook in clear plastic sleeves and the instructions and pattern guts go in these tidy white envelopes in a bin in the garage. Just like the drawers at the fabric store.


Oh, yes I did. If OCD makes you uncomfortable, you might just want to look away.


But look: the pile went from this to this! (And confession: ironing all those pattern envelopes was very satisfying.)







Now I can just leaf through the notebook when I want to make something. 

Coming soon: crazy quilting action!



No comments:

Post a Comment